What is needed for vehicle pick-up?
When picking up the vehicle you need a valid credit card, identification card or passport and a valid driver’s license.
The credit card needs to have enough available funds to cover the deposit amount. The height of the deposit (authorization) depends on the price of the rental, the vehicle type, and category, as well as the chosen coverage.
The credit card can be charged for any extra costs that can appear during the rental period.
Terms of payment
For the authorization process, we accept all credit cards such as Eurocard/MasterCard, American Express Card, Visa Card, Diners.
We do not accept prepaid or electron cards (Visa Electron, Maestro) for the authorization process.
The lessee must be the owner of the credit card.
The rental can be paid with a credit card, pre-paid or electron cards. Cash will not be accepted at the desk.
Bear in mind that payment with a credit card may require your pin code.
The client, as well as any additional drivers, need to be in possession of a valid driver’s license for at least two years.
Drivers licenses that are not printed in the Roman alphabet (Arabian, Japanese, Cyrillic) need to be accompanied by an international driver’s license.
At vehicle pick-up please present a valid identification card or passport alongside a valid driver’s license.
Rental period, and grace period
Vehicles are rented on a daily basis. There is a 29-minute grace period, that is not charged. After 30 minutes, a whole day of usage is charged.
Changes in the reservation
Reservations can be changed up to 48 hours before the rental period.
Reservations can be canceled before the rental period.
The cancellation should be made online or in written form via e-mail to [email protected]
In the case that the client did not picked up the reserved vehicle for some reason, or did not picked it up in the agreed time, if CARWIZ is not informed CARWIZ extra charges can be applied.
In Croatia, the following minimum lessee age required and drivers license-possession are followed:
- 21 years old/2 years for vehicles in groups Mini, Economy, Compact, Intermediate
- 25 years old/2 years for vehicles in groups Compact Elite, Sedan, Premium, Luxury
A young/senior drivers fee of 10 € per day (maximum 10 days, up to a 100 €) if the driver is below 23 or above 70 years of age.
General terms of coverage
At vehicle pick up it is important to choose some type of extra coverage, there are different coverage packages which are adjusted to your needs and abilities, from decreased damage excess to no excess at all.
Collision Damage Waiver limits the driver’s responsibility for damages done to the vehicle.
The customer is only responsible for the following amounts:
990.00€ (MBMR, , ECMR, EDMR, ECAR, EWMR)
1,400.00€ (CCMR, CDMR, CKMR,CDAR,CWMR,CFMR,CFAR)
1,800.00€ (SDMR, SDAR, SWAR)
2,000.00€ (FVMR, FVAR, LVMR, LKMR)
The damage done to the vehicle will be charged according to the repair price list available in our offices.
Theft protection (TP)
Theft protection (TP) limits the driver’s responsibility in cases of vehicle theft or damages done due to theft or attempted theft to the excess amount, which is subject to the terms of the rental agreement. TP does not cover personal belongings:
990.00€ (MBMR, ECMR, EDMR, ECAR, EWMR)
1,400.00€ (CCMR, CDMR, CKMR, CDAR, CWMR, CFMR, CFAR)
1,800.00€ (DDMR, DDAR, IDMR,IDAR, IWMR, IFMR, IFAR)
1,800.00€ (SDMR, SDAR, SWAR)
2,000.00€ (FVMR, FVAR, LVMR, LKMR)
Passenger coverage (PAI)
by paying an added daily passenger coverage fee, the driver and passengers are covered in cases of disability or death to the amount stated in current insurance regulations and rules.
Risk and user responsibility can be limited to accepting the following additions.
Collision Damage Waiver plus reduces the damage excess to the following limits:
400.00€ (MBMR, ECMR, EDMR, ECAR, EWMR)
500.00€ (CCMR, CDMR, CKMR, CDAR, CWAR, CWMR, CFMR, CFAR)
600.00€ (DDMR, DDAR, IDMR, IDAR, IWMR, IFMR, IFAR)
600.00€ (SDMR, SDAR, SWAR)
700.00€ (FVMR, FVAR, LVMR, LKMR)
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
is coverage that reduces responsibility to 0 in case of damage to the vehicle body.
Wheels, undercarriage and glass protection is complete coverage for damage done to the undercarriage, glass, and wheels of the vehicle.
In case of a traffic accident, theft, engine breakdown or similar
The client is obliged to:
- keep the vehicle safe until the time it is picked up by the lessor
- take the names and addresses of every witness and participant
- call the police and procure their record except in the case of motor breakdown
- give a statement as soon as possible in the nearest office of the lessor
- In the case that the user does not procure a police report, all accepted coverages such as TP / CDW, CDW + or SCDW are considered invalid due to the client’s failure to comply with the provisions of the rental agreement and general terms and conditions.
Costs that are not covered by CARWIZ and cannot be covered by any additional coverage
- Loss or theft of luggage and or personal items from the vehicle
- Parking tickets or fines, traffic violations and such
- Costs due to the wrong fuel type usage
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car keys
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car documents
- Expenses due to negligence – empty battery
- Expenses due to damage to the car’s interior
- Costs of lost equipment (spare tire, tire repair kit, bunker shelves, document etui, driver’s manual)
- Expenses due to damage to additional equipment
- Expenses due to car misuse
- Expenses due to ignoring instruction for car maintenance stated in the cars service book
- Expenses to the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Costs of car extraction from inaccessible areas (e.g. extraction from mud due to traveling outside regular road infrastructure)
- Expenses incurred by using dirt roads
- Expenses incurred by car racing or cars participation in sport events
- Expenses due to overburdening the car with people or cargo
- Damage costs caused by a person not stated in the contract as the main or additional driver
- Costs created in cases when the main driver or additional driver stated in the rental contract does not have a valid driver’s license or has a ban on driving motor vehicles
- Other: damaged windscreen wipers or locks, loss or theft of outside parts of the vehicle without a police record, damage costs incurred by usage of roof carriers or luggage on carriers, damage caused by improper handling of luggage and or putting cargo or luggage on the roof, hood etc., as well as expenses caused by ignoring sound and visual warnings of the vehicle.
Delivery & Collection
Delivery/Collection must be arranged during the reservation process.
During Opening Hours
Delivery/Collection is an on-request service. Please contact the nearest CARWIZ office.
Delivery/Collection within city limits
(or in a 10 km radius from the nearest office) a fee of 40.00 € will be charged
Outside city limits
(for distances larger than 10 km) 40,00 € plus 1,00 € per km will be charged.
Delivery or collection to the Split harbor
a fee of 50.00 € will be charged.
Vehicle pick-up/drop-off outside of working hours
An additional fee will be charged for reservations outside of working hours.
- 37,50€ (from office closing time until 22:59)
- 50,00€ (from 23:00 until office opening time)
One-Way Rentals within Croatia:
For the service of one-way vehicle rentals, the following fees are applied:
To and from all offices except Dubrovnik, Osijek and Pula - 80,00€
To and To and from Dubrovnik and all offices - 120,00€
To and from Pula and Osijek to all offices - 150,00€
One-way vehicle rentals with vehicle drop-off outside the Republic of Croatia.
International One-Way vehicle rent is a service that is approved on request. For a different location, a special fee will be applied. For additional information please contact our offices or our Customer support.
Cross border permit
The client is obliged to mention any plans to cross the border, during the reservation or at vehicle pick up.
In the case that the lessee does not pay an additional fee, and the vehicle is damaged outside of Croatian borders, all chosen coverages will be considered null and void, and the client can be charged for the full amount of damages done to the vehicle.
Vehicles have territorial validity of insurance in Europe. Additional branch permission is needed for: Greece, Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia.
This option is charged 75,00 €.
Island / Ferryboat Travel Fee
In the case that the client wants to travel to any of Croatia’s islands on a ferry he is obliged to inform the CARWIZ of this and pay an additional fee of 25 €.
In the case that the client does not pay the additional fee, and the vehicle is damaged or has a malfunction on the island, all coverages that have been chosen will be considered null and void. A client can be charged for the full amount of the damage.
Premium location fee
Included in the price.
Additional equipment and services
All vehicles are coming with a full tank and need to be returned with a full tank.
If the client returns the vehicle with less fuel he will be charged according to a valid price list. Refiling service will be applied.
Pre-payment of a full tank
The client can pre-pay for a full tank of fuel and bring it back empty. Our price for this service is equal to the current commercial fuel price. If you choose this option, try to return the vehicle with an empty tank. We do refund unused fuel.
If the client hasn’t pre-paid full tank of fuel, and the vehicle is returned less than full, fuel difference will be charged according to the current price list (3,00 € per liter). Refueling service will be charged (37,50 €).
The fee for an additional driver is 8.00 € per day. ( 80,00 € max per rental).
A child seat is a legal obligation and needs to be used for children up to 12 years of age and 135 cm of height,
Choose the seat that best fits child age:
Baby seat (0-18 kg) –8,00€ per day (80,00 € max per rental)
Child seat (15-36 kg) 8,00 € per day (80,00 € max per rental)
Booster seat (children height up to 135 cm) - 5,00 € per day ( 50,00 € max per rental)
The fee for GPS is 5,00 € per day ( 50,00€ max per rental).
If the client receives a traffic or parking fine during his rental period which hasn’t be paid by the end of the rental period, the charge of additional 50,00 € will be applied.
The lessee is responsible for settling any traffic and parking fine issued during the rental period.
Damage handling fee - administration fee
If the lessee does not have any additional coverage package, and vehicle damage occurs, alongside the damage itself, an additional fee of 75,00 € will be applied.
Vehicle pick-up/drop-off in an office different from the one agreed upon in the rental contract
If the client decides to pick-up or returns the vehicle to a location different from the one stated in the reservation or the rental contract, an additional fee of 100,00 € will be applied along with the one-way rental fee.
In the case that the lessee has lost the car key, a fee of 300,00 € and more (depends on a vehicle model) will be applied.
Lost documentation or registration plates
In the case of lost or stolen vehicle documentation/ registration plates, a fee of 350.00 € will be applied.
The police report is mandatory.
In case the vehicle requires a special cleaning procedure after drop off (i.e. smell removal, animal hair, spillage of liquids), a minimum fee of 100.00 € will be charged.
Don’t smoke in vehicles
The penalty for smoking in the vehicle is 250,00 €.
All prices include Tax.
The prices mentioned in this document are not valid for customers with special contracts and corporate clients.